THIS WORKSHOP LEAD BY KEVIN O'DONOGHUE LMHC AND KATE KALIN LMHC IS THE BEGINNING OF A PILOT PROGRAM BEING DEVELOPED BY THE FOUNDATION FOR POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY WITH THE INTENTION AND GOAL OF:
• hearing and learning about current needs and stressors in the daily functioning of veterans
• what has worked for them in the past and more importsntly what has not worked
• establishing therapeutic treatment protocols that serve them individually as opposed to organizational or hospital therapeutic protocols
• creating programs based exclusively on the veteran’s feedback
• to better understand the veteran experience ad to establish channels to their communities
The structure of the group is an interactive meeting for 2 hours and is limited to 15 participants. Each participant will be offered a $10.00 stipend for travel expenses and refreshments will be served. We will conduct 4 separate groups per month in order to accommodate participant’s schedules.
In addition we are offering to qualifying veterans, and their families an opportunity to participate in either a (6) six session process group with other veterans and/or family members or individual short term therapy also (6) sessions completely free of charge.